On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 02:28:59PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

[wnck Python binding]
The upstream package is named gnome-python-desktop.
Thanks, that helped a lot! Will file a bug report about the sysdeps files missing that one later (currently collecting all those missing dependencies so I need only a single bug report per distro).

The next error is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/bin/sugar-session", line 170, in <module>
    main()
File "/home/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/bin/sugar-session", line 131, in main
    intro.check_profile()
File "/home/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jarabe/intro/__init__.py", line 22, in check_profile
    if not profile.is_valid():
File "/home/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/profile.py", line 55, in is_valid
    nick = client.get_string("/desktop/sugar/user/nick")
glib.GError: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Could not send message to gconf daemon: Method "GetIOR" with signature "" on interface "org.gnome.GConf" doesn't exist
)

Any hint on that one? The mentioned web page wasn't really helpful. There's no second machine (so no TCP/IP necessary) nor did I find any stale lock file (even removed the whole .sugar directory).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/