On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <to...@sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> My understanding is that we are going to be interested in providing
>> other sugar-specific services than collaboration in a server, like
>> backups.
>
> Yes - there's a lot more than collaboration on the XS. Backups,
> internet access, upgrades, lots of stuff. Printing, if the GSoC
> proposal is a winner. All of that makes for a very long link name ;-)

Fair enough

> ...'School' is shorter...

Yes, but it's still a misnomer. Nothing about this server ties it to a
school, right? Maybe it's one we're OK with, but I want to make sure
that it actually makes sense in most contexts if we're going to use
it.

Perhaps it's more important to deal with the fallback case than to
name it perfectly, so that we can indicate what it means to those who
don't have access to one.

Eben