On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 04:55:57PM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:

Just to confirm; I take it that Xapians prefix maps haven't been used so far in the Journal index implementation (i.e. title:Paint, description:meeting, or tags:homework)? Point me at rep Sugar source if that's quicker (not sure where to look to check this).
You're right on spot. The only prefixes used (but not defined for the query) are:

_PREFIX_UID = 'Q'
_PREFIX_ACTIVITY = 'A'
_PREFIX_ACTIVITY_ID = 'I'
_PREFIX_MIME_TYPE = 'M'
_PREFIX_KEEP = 'K'

I.e. to search for all documents of type text/plain you can use the query string "Mtext/plain", but not "mime_type:text/plain".

See [1].

I'd like to expose a better IR search facility in the future, but not within 0.86 timeframe (there are several open, hard problems).

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-datastore/repos/mainline/blobs/master/src/carquinyol/indexstore.py

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/