We will delete  ~/.sugar/owner.key and ~/.sugar/owner.key.pub when we reburn
the sticks on Monday.

However, my problem with this theory is that l've been cloning pretty much
the same Stick from FOSSVT on.  Other places we have multiple people using
the same stick without this problem.  However, we have mostly be using
wireless not wired. Woudl that make a difference?

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Dave Bauer <dave.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Gary C Martin<g...@garycmartin.com>
> wrote:
> > Sorry, this was meant to go to the list no just Caroline.
> >
> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> >> From: Gary C Martin <g...@garycmartin.com>
> >> Date: 9 July 2009 15:54:34 BST
> >> To: Caroline Meeks <carol...@solutiongrove.com>
> >> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] SoAS Testing with XS

> >> Ooooohh geeezz... How did you make the sticks? Did you boot one and
> >> tweak it, then clone that one? There are all sorts of files
> >> generated when you boot a system that make it unique that would need
> >> to be very carefully erased to make the stick image was 'fresh'. No
> >> one has a full list of all these files and their various
> >> interactions, though I think some have tried.
> >>

> The jabber id is generated from ~/.sugar/owner.key.
> Removing ~/.sugar/owner.key and ~/.sugar/owner.key.pub generates a new
> key after reboot and the jabber id is reset.
>
> Dave
>
> >> Regards,
> >> --Gary

> --