Since the topic often comes up when Bryan and me are talking about Karma
related design and it's also related to an ongoing discussion about toolbar
design testing on #sugar I thought the following paper might be of interest
to some of you.

"Designing a Digital Library for Young Children: An Intergenerational
Partnership"
http://hcil.cs.umd.edu/trs/2000-18/2000-18.pdf

It describes the design process used during the development of the ICDL (
http://en.childrenslibrary.org/) at UMD's Human-Computer Interaction Lab.

I'm definitely not suggesting that we copy-paste this process (well, and
it's not like we have the necessary resources) but I do think it's very
interesting food for thought and should provide us with some queues for
future Sugar design planning and discussions.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer