On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Aleksey Lim<alsr...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 02:05:48PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 13:47, Simon Schampijer<si...@schampijer.de> wrote:
>> > Another question that came up today:
>> >
>> > Should the activity toolbar contain the "share" option by default?
>> > Disabled by default?
>>
>> Maybe we could use the max_participants property to know when to
>> disable the button?

This makes sense to me. I think it's useful to keep it in view to
indicate that the activity is private. A non-collaborative activity
still has a sharing scope.

> So, the question is - what is default value for max_participants :)
>
> In current code it equals to 0 but old sharing component compares it
> with 1 thus share combo is visible by default.

An activity that supports 0 participants (or fewer!) sounds pretty
useless. Clearly 1 is the logical default for this property.

> btw all activities, I've seen before that don't want sharing, hide
> share combo by share.props.visible not by max_participants, I guess
> it signalizes about not consistency of current implementation where
> user can hide/show share button by two different methods.

Yup, we should push towards consistency here. I'd bet activities
wouldn't bother to hide it if Sugar made it insensitive properly.

Eben