On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:12:43AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:32 AM, James Cameron <qu...@laptop.org> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:55:45PM -0400, Chris Ball wrote:

Now, if one also stops HAL, the shutdown or restart options don't work, and shell.log says:

I thought the point of these patches was to move from HAL to
ConsoleKit so surely it should work whether HAL is there or not
especially with everyone moving away from HAL to
ConsoleKit/upower/udisk/udev etc/

I do not know those mechanisms intimately, but can easily imagine that on some (versions of some) systems the transition has not completed yet so that *other* parts of the chain fail if HAL is unavailable.

Regards,

  - Jonas