> Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:32:42 +1100
> From: James Cameron <qu...@laptop.org>
> To: Bernie Innocenti <ber...@codewiz.org>
> Cc: IAEP <i...@lists.sugarlabs.org>,
> sugar-devel
>     <sugar-devel@lists.sugarlabs.org>,
> David Farning <dfarn...@gmail.com>,
>     c...@laptop.org,
> Ishan Bansal <is...@seeta.in>
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] how to ask a question
>
> On 08/10/2010, at 7:31 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> > When this happens, we should gently encourage them to
> prefer public
> > communication. I reserve the stronger signals -- such
> as refusing to
> > answer the question until it's posted publicly -- for
> those who are
> > repeatedly ignoring this advice. I'm not running a
> free technical
> > support line.
>
> Indeed.
>
> Here is a page with diagram that I use on other projects
> for people who persist in writing privately to me:
>
> http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/why.phtml
>
> --
> James Cameron
> System Test Coordinator
> One Laptop per Child

I would not necessarily disagree with the opinions expressed on the matter, but
there is a very big gap in SL's communication with it's users.
No place to ask the "stupid/bad/novice/malformed"  questions.
For an organization that caters to 1,5 million kids and few thousand teachers
and almost be default computer novices, this is unacceptable (to me).
As a developer of an upstream organization, you may as well say "this is not my
problem", however, as a SugarLabs member it should be.
Applying "devel-list rules" to the _only_ Q&A Sugar venue, can seriously
contribute to an "unapproachable" image and put off the exact people that you
are trying to constructively teach.