To: "Art Hunkins" <abhun...@uncg.edu>
Cc: "Sugar Devel" <sugar-devel@lists.sugarlabs.org>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] New Dextrose 2 build: os438dx

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 13:04 -0500, Art Hunkins wrote:
Bernie,

Thanks for this info. I can report that Record-87 acts like v86 in that it
does not allow for audio recording. In both cases, when you hit Stop
following recording, the activity seems to get lost during the save process
and never reemerges. You can close the activity, but that's all.

FWIW, I've copied the logs for both v86 and v87. One difference I noted is that the v87 activity icon gets stuck in "Starting..", whereas I don't think this is the case with v86. It looks like both versions saved correctly and
then got sidetracked. (I gave both runs several minutes or more time to
"recover" from saving.)

I continue to be very concerned about Record because, to my knowledge, *with
versions of SoaS higher than Strawberry*, no Record produces Ogg Vorbis
sound recordings (one or two produce Ogg Speex, which of course are both of lower sound quality, and are not handled by Csound). For certain, starting
with Record-76, *all* should produce Ogg Vorbis.

If you come up with a patch, we'll include it in Dextrose. We already
have a forked version to fix the UI layout, it can't hurt to have this
bug fixed as well.