(One home view could be *all*, meaning we could even eliminate
the need to launch activities from the list view)

I personally prefer the list view to remain -- it provides a convenient place where to erase installed Activities that one no longer wants. [I think Activities should NOT be removable-from-storage through Home View Ring, etc.]

Further, I myself have over 100 Activities installed on my XO (their code physically resides on an SD card). To show *all* of them in one screen makes their icons very small. But list view, since it is scrollable, provides the visual room to list "What all *is* there?" (both label and decent-sized icon) for the person looking at that XO.

mikus