When I wrote the chapter on collaboration in Make Your Own Sugar
Activities! I used a fairly complex example called Battalla Naval that was
written using Spanish.  I had to run a comment or two through Babel Fish
but I was able to figure out what it did and why.  I only speak English.  I
regret that some dedicated teachers wasted much time trying to teach me
French.

At least one reason we want to teach children to program is to give them
some problem solving skills.  They can do that in their native language.
When they get older and want to do larger projects with students from other
countries then English may be something they need to consider.

James Simmons