On 06/07/2013 09:10 AM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> No, just glucose. You can see the exact list of modules on
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/

By the way, what is "sugarlabs", a shared account?

Wouldn't this subvert GitHub's philosophy that all forks are created
equal, by creating one that looks more official than the others?

If it seems that this approach wouldn't be feasible for a project with
many collaborators, check out http://git.kernel.org . Most of the repos
under kernel/git/ are clones of the kernel tree with various patches
applied. The most "official" tree that I can think of is
kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git, the one maintained by Linus. There are of
course many other public forks of the Linux kernel hosted on other sites.

I'm making the assumption that switching to GitHub was motivated in part
by the desire to adopt the bazaar development style. If it's not the
case, then GitHub may not be a very good fit for a central repository
shared by multiple committers.

Just my $0.02, of course. Advance apologies if it's something that has
been previously discussed on sugar-devel@ while I wasn't looking.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team