I gather there is a lot of skepticism about Microsoft's announcement.

I was intrigued by the marketing opportunity to show potential sponsors of deployments that they can run Sugar on their laptop as a Microsoft program. As I understood the announcement, it should be possible to set up a normal Windows 'shortcut' that would run Sugar directly from an installed Ubuntu version.

I suppose at some level of abstraction, Sugar could be viewed as a gtk-3 app.

What would be interesting is for someone to make a version of Sugar that installs and runs as a Windows program as WUBI used to do for Ubuntu.

Tony