On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:10:13AM -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:
On 11 July 2016 at 10:56, Martin Dengler <mar...@martindengler.com> wrote:
On 11 Jul 2016, at 15:44, Dave Crossland <d...@lab6.com> wrote:
On 11 July 2016 at 10:40, Tony Anderson <tony_ander...@usa.net> wrote:
I prefer 'Untitled' as it supports the intent of the alert - to request
the user to supply a title.

I also prefer Untitled, although I'm curious to hear why "xxx Activity"
would be better.

Actually, 500 "Untitled"s are so much worse than 5 sets of 100
"Foo.activity", because (in my limited experience) kids who can read know
that "Speak activity" is different than "Write activity".

Hopefully this point is clear.

There are literally over a hundred emails about this design decision years
back - it was not done lightly. I didn't even participate and I was
exhausted by the debate.

I'm totally confused :) I thought this has only been discussed since June,
for this year's GSOC?

I don't want to derial the GSOC projec.  If people are aware of all the
previous discussions and designs about save as / keep, sorry for the noise.  It
didn't sound like that to me.  Keep and something akin to "save as" has been
thought about and designed in to Sugar since [the original Human Interface
Guide](http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/The_Journal):
the principles deprecating "save" and "save as" replaced it with "Keep", the
"keep button", or the idea of "keeping".  I will be flamed for suggesting
"Keep" is the same as "save as", but it's darn close.  Some design documents
and discussions, including the ones with the original sugar designers about
*removing* "Keep" and/or "Keep As" buttons, include:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/The_Journal#The_Notion_of_.22Keeping.22
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-April/023401.html
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-April/023404.html
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-April/023406.html