Hello!

My name is Alexandru Mihai (irc handle: alex_mihai) and I am a second year
student at Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science at University
Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. I am currently pursuing a bachelor's
degree in Computer Engineering.

I got in contact with Sugar Labs for the first time last December when I
first joined the IRC channel and mailing list and I am willing to
participate in Google Summer of Code 2018. I would love to do so with Sugar
Labs because I believe that your mission is very noble and that I can gain
a lot of software development/engineering knowledge from you.

So far I have submitted a small change
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/pull/134> to the documentation
regarding the environment setup instructions for Fedora and I have started
learning how to use PyGtk especially for Sugar.

I have good knowledge of OOP concepts and I am familiar with Python,
although my most used programming languages are C++ and Java.

So far, I believe that I would like the most to work on either the *GTK-4
exploration or* *Just say no to GTK2 *project ideas. I am ready to better
learn JavaScript (with which I have little experience) if it is needed and
I am sure that by summer I will be able to do this.

Here are links to my github page and my resume:

https://github.com/alexandrucosminmihai

Resume
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/sr4jidrkhrggmm3/Mihai%20Alexandru%20Cosmin%20-%20R%C3%A9sum%C3%A9.pdf?dl=0>

I would like to ask any available mentors, if possible, for guidance on
what I should do next.

Thank you!
Alex Mihai