+1

Walter Bender wrote on 7/16/19 1:06 PM:
As per Rahul's request below, we need to decide on whether or not to support the GSoC 2019 mentor summit travel for Rahul, Ibiam, and Tarun. (We can send up to 3 mentors to the summit (including a GCI representative). Google provides US $1100 stipend per person we send and covers all of local expenses.

As per protocol, the GSoC admins (James, Rahul, and I) selected the mentors to represent SL. Our criteria was based in part on having broad coverage -- core Sugar, Sugarizer, and GCI -- and ensuring that the people we select are active within the community.

If/when the motion below passes, I will write letters on behalf of SL for Rahul, Ibiam, and Tarun, so that they can get their visa applications started.

Motion: Sugar Labs will send Rahul Bothra, Ibiam Chihurumnaya, and Tarun Singhal to represent us at the Google Summer of Code 2019 Mentor Summit in Munich, Germany. Google is providing a stipend of US $1100 per representative, which is expected to cover the bulk of the expense and the travelers will abide by the travel policy regarding any and all expenses.

regards.