On 23/12/2020, Walter Bender <walter.ben...@gmail.com> wrote:
> MISSION
> Sugar LabsĀ® is a volunteer-driven member project of
> Software Freedom Conservancy, a nonprofit corporation.

Nice words, but what I see from down here is that the leading
developers are the paid ones (who not only do the work they're paid to
do but also shoulder other duties such as board membership. mentoring
and being a generous knowledge base)

If that also seems to others to be the reality that we have, that
suggests an alternative view, to consciously use SL's funds to fund
development, with openness about what it pays to whom to do what, and
the developer's duty to itemize in public the hours spent on each
assigned task, and the progress made as a result, since that seems to
be a more effective path than simply wailing "We need more
volunteers!"

To this end, drawing a line under the past financial accounting,
taking stock and relaunching it with greater transparency might be one
way to help SL achieve its technical goals, as well as encouraging
more and more generous donations when current or potential donors can
see how cost-effective their funds are.

Just my 2 cents...

Season's greetings