Morgan Collett wrote: > Hi Aaron > > On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Aaron Konstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> What you describe is a is his good start. However. it leaves with two >> questions: >> How would we decide that erikos (as Michael stone tells us) is right >> person to contact rather than Markos (who is actually the Browsers >> developer)? > > I agree that the situation could be improved. However most of the ways > to find developers for a project (e.g. if there was an AUTHORS file, > which is the case for sugar and some of the other activities) gives > you names and email addresses for all the contributors and there isn't > necessarily an easy way to know who the primary developer or current > maintainer are.
Added. > If you had contacted Marco, he would have either answered your > question or directed you to Simon. > > There aren't formal procedures for many things - all I can recommend > is ask, and keep on asking. > >> If we decided erikos is the right one how would we contact him? What is >> his e-mail address? > > His wiki page (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Erikos) has his IRC > nick. I do know that not many people feel comfortable with IRC or are > able to connect. Ideally his wiki page should have his real name and a > way to email him. Added name and wiki-email. > However: The best way to get answers on matters like this is to mail > the sugar list, with your direct question, since there are often > several people able to answer a given question, and it provides an > opportunity for public discussion. This also helps for cases when > people working on a specific project or module change. > >> As a side note I did contact him and never got a reply. This a hell of a >> way to run a railroad. > > Oh, a railroad? I thought we were in the education business :) > > I can't speak for Simon, but I personally am getting swamped by email. > Try again, or mail the sugar list. > > Regards > Morgan > Right that is what likely happens :/ Morgan phrased it correctly - best is to use the sugar-ml/devel-ml or trac. Thanks, Simon PS: If you are referring to http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6826 or 6825: I have added the information I got together so far. _______________________________________________ Sugar mailing list [email protected] http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/sugar

