On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was playing around with the possibility of replacing the current
> Sugar WM - Matchbox with Metacity (this will, as I understand, enable
> stock desktop applications run better within Sugar).
> Certain things do break if we just drop in Metacity in place of
> Matchbox, but it looks like with some changes in the code (Sugar code,
> I would try to avoid changing Metacity code), we might actually get
> something useful.
> Marco had started a page on this topic sometime back -
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/WindowManagement, and I have updated this
> page with my findings.

Yay!

> Setting the window to be fullscreen (via set_fullscreen())does not seem to
> work, since it stops the frame from popping up, and also an icon to exit
> fullscreen appears at the top right corner. One possible solution to this is
> to make the activity window undecorated (we do not need
> maximise/minimize/resize buttons), and making their height/width equal to the
> dimensions of the screen.

This would need to be done by each activity or the window manager, or
can be done by the shell?

What about a composition manager? Has metacity some capabilities in this regard?

In the faster builds we have a matchbox with some simple composition
management, but it has some issues.

Thanks,

Tomeu