On 03/21/2016 01:53 PM, Alexey Slaykovsky wrote:
Hello everyone!
I'm Alexey Slaykovsky, senior year bachelor in Computer Engineering.
I want to start contributing to Fedora community now as GSoC participant
and then as a professional on regular basis.
So I have a bunch of skills in programming and Linux systems
administration and have ability to learn things really fast.
Now I'm working in Postgres Professional so I do a little contributing
in PostgreSQL community. You could read more about me here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Slaykovsky
The GSoC idea I like is described here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSOC_2016/Student_Application_slaykovsky
(I'm sorry for editing template, I did undo :) )
Thank you so much for giving me that possibility to become better person :)

Greetings Alexey, and welcome to the GSoC 2016 mailing list.

Thanks for reaching out! Thanks for including your userpage and GSoC application page. You're on top of it! Seems like you can spend most of this week refining your application and talking with your mentors to get a better feel for the project.

It looks like you're interested in the CommOps slot! Whether or not we get a slot for it will depend on a couple of things:

1) The number of mentors allocated to the project idea.
2) The number and strength of applicants we have applying for a slot.
3) The number of slots we are awarded by Google.

The best way to ensure that we DO get a slot for it is to follow the procedure described at the bottom of the GSoC organization page.

    https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5630777857409024/

You've already introduced yourself to the mailing list now, so that's one item off your checklist. Next, you can begin frequenting the various IRC channels (#fedora-summer-coding, #fedora-apps, and #fedora-commops), and then work with mentors to figure out your next steps. Additionally, there is a post on the Fedora Community Blog that should help answer many of your questions about what to do next.

https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-accepted-google-summer-of-code-gsoc-2016/

Additionally, specific to CommOps, we have a weekly meeting on Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting on Freenode IRC! You are invited to attend, introduce yourself, and watch the meeting, and participate in any way you feel you can.

Finally, if you didn't see Remy's earlier post on the mailing list, he gave some more specific instructions about GSoC 2016, what to expect, and some great advice for moving forward. Please give it a read if you have not already!

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/summer-coding@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/CKGHZEMP4OB2JDCROKMN2D3OQANSVVDL/

We look forward to getting to know you!

--
Cheers,