Hi all! Sending this to summer-coding and outreachy mailing lists.

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is an important part of communication for any
of the summer coding / internship programs Fedora participates in; if
you're interested in our projects, you should join our IRC channels.

The Fedora Project uses the Freenode IRC network to host our instant
messaging channels. Channels are a place for group or team discussion.
For example, on Freenode, the Fedora CommOps team is found in
#fedora-commops.

Not sure how to connect or annoyed that you miss messages when you log
out? Check out Riot, an open source messaging client that helps solve
this problem. Riot has a web app, desktop client, and mobile clients to
help you remain connected even when you're not at the keyboard.

    https://opensource.com/article/17/5/introducing-riot-IRC

In Riot, you can connect to the Fedora CommOps channel with the address
#freenode_#fedora-commops:matrix.org.

I hope some of you find this helpful. Feel free to ask questions if you
are stuck.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory