Hi all! Sending this to summer-coding and outreachy mailing lists.

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is an important part of communication for any
of the summer coding / internship programs Fedora participates in; if
you're interested in our projects, you should join our IRC channels.

The Fedora Project uses the Freenode IRC network to host our instant
messaging channels. Channels are a place for group or team discussion.
For example, on Freenode, the Fedora CommOps team is found in

Not sure how to connect or annoyed that you miss messages when you log
out? Check out Riot, an open source messaging client that helps solve
this problem. Riot has a web app, desktop client, and mobile clients to
help you remain connected even when you're not at the keyboard.

In Riot, you can connect to the Fedora CommOps channel with the address

I hope some of you find this helpful. Feel free to ask questions if you
are stuck.

Justin W. Flory