Hello,
The latest development version includes the new API call findRoute (in the
python client: traci.simulation.findRoute(fromEdge, toEdge, vTypeID)) which
returns an object with the fields 'edges' and 'travelTime'. see
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/TraCI/Simulation_Value_Retrieval#
Command_0x86:_Find_Route

The time to destination is computed in
src/trci-server/lib/TraCI_Simulation::findRoute (line 110 method
recomputeCosts)
regards,
Jakob