Hello,

traci.start() assumes that sumo will be started by the script on the local
computer (it picks a random free port for that).
If the traci client is on a different computer from the sumo simulation you
must take these steps
- select a port number (i.e. 9000)
- start the simulation on one computer (assume this is called 'computer1')
by calling sumo with option --remote-port 9000
- in the traci client script call traci.init(port=9000, host="computer1")

regards,
Jakob