Hello,
every vehicle type (MSVehicleType) has its own car-following model instance.
When the user duplicates an existing vehicle type (i.e. to make
modifications for a single vehicle), the car following model instance is
duplicated as well to ensure that other vehicles are not affected. For that
reason, all car-following models implement the 'duplicate' method.

regards,
Jakob