Hi SUMO developers,

We wanted to put out a quick request/idea for SUMO. Could SUMO possibly
include wheels with the software (and updated wheels for every new
version)?

We know this could potentially be a big ask, but it would really be helpful
to a lot of users if this was developed. Many people really enjoy using
SUMO to run traffic simulations (its amazing!) and our lab at Berkeley has
even used it to make a new software platform, called FLOW
<https://flow-project.github.io/>, for AV research. However, our users
regularly encounter errors in the installation and build process. We've
currently developed a practice of creating pip install wheels to install
pre-compiled binaries for SUMO, but since this would break with new
versions of SUMO, this seems like something best done by the SUMO project.
Is it possible that this might be added to the SUMO development path? This
would be great if so and would make SUMO even more awesome!

Please let us know what you think. Thank you for your time.

Best,
Berkeley-FLOW <https://flow-project.github.io/>
University of California - Berkeley