Dear SUMO developers,
we need to do legal stuff again :-( but don't worry, it won't hurt. We
are currently in the process of adding the possibility to license SUMO
under GPLv2+ which is needed especially for Veins users. Although the
possibility is somehow already implemented in the Eclipse Public License
v2, we did not activate the relevant clause (called Exhibit A) when we
switched to that license (bad luck). Now we need to do more or less
another license change. Fortunately it requires from you as a
contributor nothing more than adding a comment with a +1 to the
following ticket: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/6506

For more details please also consult the Licensing FAQ:
https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/faq.php#epl-secondary

If you have questions please feel free to ask here or in the comments
for the ticket.

Best regards and thanks for your support,
Michael (for the SUMO team)