The default rules for an allway_stop are, that vehicles without waitingTime
are forbidden from passing the intersection (this is why you keep seeing
isOpen=False). Internally, the rule is indeed to compare waitingTime and
give priority to the vehicle with the larger value (some subsecond noise is
added as a tiebraker).

regards,
Jakob