You are correct. Sorry, for the invalid statement.
Further possible reasons for insertion delay:
- the second vehicle is configured to depart with high speed. It will delay
insertion until a safe gap to the leader exists.
- the first vehicle is slowed or stopped for some reasons so it blocks the
space for insertion of the second
- the first vehicle is quite long so it blocks the space for insertion of
the second
- the vType definition is not used due to misconfiguration (check in
sumo-gui the vType parameters of the vehicle for the expected minGap value)
If neither of these reasons is applicable, send me your scenario and I will
take a look.

regards,
Jakob