Von: Jakob Erdmann <namdre.s...@googlemail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. April 2018 09:53
An: Jakob Kaths <jakob.ka...@tesis.de>; Sumo project User discussions
<sumo-user@eclipse.org>
Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] On-ramps with opposing direction edges using
NETCONVERT converting from OpenDRIVE

Hello,
these lanes are of type 'restricted' so you can just delete that type from the
type file to get rid of them.
Some additional notes:
- the geometrical detail when importing opendrive files is set to a segment
length of 2m by default. In many contexts this value can be set much higher
without impacting simulation results (thereby reducing network size).
- the resulting .net.xml file  of 8mb size (with default detail) should not
pose a problem for netedit (we routinely edit networks beyond 100mb in size).
Are you noticing editing speed problems with the latest development version and
if so, on which operating systems?
regards,
Jakob

Hey everybody,

I used NETCONVERT to generate a SUMO network out of the OpenDRIVE file of the
German motorway A9, which is publicly available at http://www.mdm-portal.de/.
After adjusting the edge type file (disallow stop for all vehicle classes), I
get a very good first result. However, the off-ramps are created with an
additional narrow edge that leads on the motorway (so opposing traffic), which
as a result makes vehicles slow down extremely at these junctions without
necessity. In the OpenDRIVE file I can’t see these edges. Is this a known issue
and is there an option to avoid the creation of such edges? Manually deleting
these edges helps, but is a bit tedious since Netedit is struggling a bit with
this huge network.

Thanks in advance

Jakob Kaths