1) randomTrips.py can generate vehicles with fixed routes (--route-file) as
well as vehicle trips that only specify origin and destination
(--output-trip-file). If you use the former, vehicles will pick the fastest
route assuming an empty network. If you use the latter, vehicles will use
the fastest route considering the state of the network at the time of
departure.
2) randomTrips.py accepts the --vehicle-class option to generate vehicles
with that specified class. Just run randomTrips multiple times with
different options. Make sure to also set the --prefix option to avoid name
clashes. I Advise to use osmWebWizard.py to generate a scenarion with
different vehicle classes and use the generated files (including batch
files that call randomTrips) as a reference:
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tutorials/OSMWebWizard
3) Calibrators do not spread the inserted traffic evenly to allow for
vehicles to arrive later during the calibration interval. To avoid this
effect you need to define multiple calibrators that cover shorter time
intervals

regards,
Jakob