Thank you very much for your answer Jakob,

In fact I am using the poly.xml file of sumo.dlr.de and I am getting this
error: "Error: unable to connect socket for URL '
http://sumo.dlr.de/xsd/additional_file.xsd";.
I have carefully read the instructions here
http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/FAQ.html#What.27s_the_deal_with_schema_resolution_warnings_.2F_xsd_errors.3F
and commented out all the schemas and everything is now running like a
charm. Thank you once again.

With regards,