There are several possibilities:
- you can call getTypeID (persons and vehicles should have distinct types)
- or with the typeID you can call vehicletype.getVehicleClass
- you can compare the object id against a list of persons in the simulation
(person.getIDList)
- you can call vehicle.getVehicleClass with the id and catch the exception
if it isn't a vehicle

regards,
Jakob