This runner file generates Vehicles with a Bernoulli process and thereby
achieves a binomial distribution as already recommended. The Poisson
distribution is the asymptotic limit of increasing the number of insertion
attempts (with proportionally reduced probability) which, as already noted
is not achievable due to time discretization.

Am Mi., 15. Jan. 2020 um 08:26 Uhr schrieb Radha Reddy <
radha.reddy....@gmail.com>:

> Dear Jakob,
>
> Many thanks for your kind response, the runner.py file associated with the
> TraCI_TLS example.
>
> Regards
> Radha
>
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:37 PM Jakob Erdmann <namdre.s...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> - SUMO provides multiple runner.py files. Which one exactly do you mean?
>> - Since SUMO is a time-discrete simulation anyway (In every simulation
>> step you have to decide whether to insert a vehicle or not), I recommend
>> that you use the Binomial Distribution which is quite similar to the
>> Poisson distribution. Traffic flow with Binomial distribution is supported
>> by defining a <flow> with attribute probability. See
>> https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#repeated_vehicles_flows
>> and
>> https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Randomness.html#flows_with_a_random_number_of_vehicles
>>
>> regards,
>> Jakob
>>

>> Am Di., 14. Jan. 2020 um 16:33 Uhr schrieb Radha Reddy <
>> radha.reddy....@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Dear Jakob,
>>>
>>> I really appreciate your time for answering a lot of questions.
>>>
>>> In the SUMO provided runner.py file, the traffic flow is generated by
>>> using Random and Uniform distribution.
>>>
>>> Can we use Poisson distribution instead of Random (may be yes). Can you
>>> please share any example in which Poisson distribution is employed for
>>> routefile generation?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Radha