1) departSpeed="desired" should never jam the inflow. Combine this with
departPos="last" for maximum flow. Add departLane="best" to get a good lane
distribution on multi-lane roads
2) traci.vehicle.getAccel returns maximum acceleration which is desired by
most cfmodels as long as the vehicle is below its desired speed (speedLimit
* individualSpeedFactor)

regards,
Jakob