Hello Jakob,
My apologies for misinterpreting your statements, thanks for your
clarification. Yes, the analysis is true there are multiple persons with
single or double riding.

Now, I am trying to extract the trip information using TraCI, but not
successful right now. In Particular, I was trying to extract the following
information from the previous stage.

*         print("previous
stage","type",prevStage.type,"dest",prevStage.destStop,"travel time",
prevStage.travelTime, "distance",prevStage.length,"depart  time",
prevStage.depart)*

Unfortunately, the output does not contain all the required information, as
shown below.
         *previous stage type 3 dest busStop#12 travel time -1.0 distance
672.437702712895 depart time -0.001*
As seen, travel time and depart time are negative, it is hard to interpret.
I guess the distance shown is the distance of the ride covered in previous
stage of the person. Further, depart time is a must field for my objective.

Could you please provide some insights so that I can get the values of all
fields of previous stage?

thanks and regards,
Dillip Rout