Hello,

1) You always need to define some taxis explicitly. There are other options
besides --device.taxi.probability (
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#assignment_by_generic_parameters
)

2) This looks like a bug. Please open an issue at
https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues and attach all necessary files to
reproduce this. (response may be slower over the summer due to most
developers being on vacation)

3) taxi/DRT simulation in SUMO is a recent addition so there is no
additional documentation yet. Also, the topic is evolving quickly (
https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/6526).
A good source of examples are the test cases
  - https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/tree/master/tests/sumo/devices/taxi
  -
https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/tree/master/tests/complex/traci/vehicle/taxi
  -