Hi Simon,

unfortunately I'm not the expert on this question, but there was a discussion in this mailing list on 2018-08-23.

Have you read these chapters?

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#defining_speed_limit_violations_explicitly

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#additional_remarks_on_speed_distributions

Greetings Harald

Am 16.07.20 um 09:55 schrieb simon.frent...@umlaut.com:

Hello,

adjusting vehicle types I came across the problem that the maxSpeed is fix and the speedFactor doesn’t increase the speed above this value, but I want to get varying speeds even when there is no speed limit and no traffic on the German autobahn.

Is there a way to add variation to the maxSpeed without adding numerous vehicle types? (E.g. using a normal distribution like the speedFactor.)

Thanks and best regards

Simon