- vehicle routing in the simulation (trips and device.rerouting) only
considers traffic light phases in the aggregate: edges with traffic lights
may have higher average travel times that those without. (
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Automatic_Routing.html)
- pedestrian routing across intersections takes the current traffic light
phase into account when deciding which sequence of crossings to use for a
diagonal movement
- you can use current traffic light phases for routing by overwriting the
edge weights used for routing. The actual calls needed for this differ
according to the way that rerouting is triggered:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Routing.html#travel-time_values_for_routing.
Note that you will need multiple weight-setting calls per edge if you also
want to take into account how traffic light phases are expected to vary
over time. (light is green now but red by the time the vehicle arrives).

regards,
Jakob