This sounds as if you are double-clicking the python file rather than using
the cmd line.
Try this:
1. double click start-command-line.bat in sumo/bin
2. type 'python "%SUMO_HOME%\tools\osmWebWizard.py"
3. if no browser is launched, open the webwizard/index.html as you did
before and click "Generate Scenario"
4. post a screenshot of the window where you typed the python command