There are no studies for teleportation limits that I'm aware of. Our own
rule of thumb is to tolerate teleports in large simulations if its under
0.1% of total traffic.
If you get deadlock in roundabouts it might be due to mis-modelled
right-of-way, bad connections or because there are traffic lights with
unsuitable signal plans involved.