1 We do have tests where ring and barrier params are created automatically
(see
https://sumo.dlr.de/extractTest.php?path=netconvert/import/XML/tl_types/NEMA).
Please provide example input where an invalid  NEMA controller is written
to the network.
2. This is the fallback if the existing guess-a-NEMA-controller code fails.
If you can provide an example input along with a definition of the expected
NEMA controller I can try to improve the code.

regards,
Jakob