Hello,
to ensure that only valid trips are produced by randomTrips.py, set the
option --validate.
randomTrips.py is the reommended way to generated random traffic. If you
have further issues with it's operations, just ask.
To calculate average vehicle distances, run the simulation with option
--duration-log.statistics.
To obtain individual distances, run the simulation with the option
--tripinfo-output
regards,
Jakob