Hello,
each traffic light typically has multiple green phases.
Also, a 'phase' in sumo has a somewhat different meaning compared to
typical traffic engineering usage. See
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Traffic_Lights#.3Cphase.3E_Attributes
You will have to determine the index of the phase(s) that are of interest
to you and sum up the duration of preceding phases.
regards,
Jakob