The magnetic declination changes slowly with time. The Geological Survey of
Canada's on-line magnetic declination calculator gives for your coordinates:
1995  10d 11m W
1998  10d 22m W
2000  10d 30m W
You can get a DOS or Windows program for do-it-yourself use at
http://geomag.usgs.gov/
-- Richard Langley
   Professor of Geodesy and Precision Navigation

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Greg Milsom wrote:

>Is anyone aware of a shareware or freeware program available on the web
>that will compute the magnetic variation for various Longitude and
>Latitude coordinates? I am trying to orient my homemade dial and come up
>with slightly different variations depending on who I talk to.  Anywhere
>from 9d W to 10.7d W.  My coordinates are 39d N and 77d W.  Is there a
>'simple' or maybe not so simple formula that I could program an Excel
>spreadsheet to calculate. Thanks.
>--
>
>Fiddler's Green
>We Design and Install Renewable Energy Systems
>"Solar Energy...Live the Good Life!"
>Greg Milsom, Owner
>PO Box 1200
>Bowie,  Maryland  20718
>Phone/Fax:  (301) 210-7669
>http://www.radix.net/~green

 Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://www.unb.ca/GGE/
 Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142
 University of New Brunswick                   Fax:      +1 506 453-4943
 Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3
     Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.city.fredericton.nb.ca/