Dear All,

due to many requests about writing on DXF files, I think to do something

useful even for the future to provide to the list sample code I wrote
time ago to write lines and text for a CAD application.

The code is written with Microsoft® Visual Basic® 5.0, but it can be
easily converted in other languages.

You can find subroutines for lines and text, but you can write your own
for other graphical entities with the support of descriptions and dxf
codes for the dxf format.
I can't link you to more general resources other than Autodesk®, so take

a look at the complete on-line resource of Autodesk® on dxf files for
v.14.0, on
<http://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/dxf/>,
with free download.

I placed on <http://space.tin.it/scienza/fmassara/dxfout.zip> a zip (6
Kb !) with five files on it:
- readme.txt text file with some instructions
- dxfout.bas Vb module with the sample writing subroutines in it
- dxfout.frm Vb form with two buttons for creating the dxf
- testdxf.dxf output of first method
- testdxf2.dxf output of second method

My best compliments to all of you for keeping alive this list that I
follow from so much, with such a fine subject and so qualified
interventions.
Often, when I debate about the internet with people who ask me if it's
only about hackers or  pornography or other foolish things, I try to
explain you.
Here is my drop in the ocean.

Greetings,

Fabrizio Massara