John Carmichael wrote:

> Tonight, NBC will air at 7:00 The National Geographic Millenium Special:
> Adventures in Time:  John Lithgow narates a history of time from the
> creation of the universe into predictions of the future.

Now that you mentioned this "Millennium Special" I started thinking
why we have not discussed this issue on this list. To me it does not
seem that the third millennium will begin in 2000 but in 2001.

So, as far as I can see, all this fuss and hype about the next
new years day is but hype and fuss created and promoted by
marketers that wanna sell more hotel rooms, more air ticks,
more champaign...

I am wrong?

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral                         Padrao iX Sistemas Abertos
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.pix.com.br