>       The 007 Capuchin Dial is a PostScript program written
> initially by Eric MacPhereson, University of Manitoba and with a
> later revision by Andrew J Irwin, c/o Math 007, University of
> Toronto [...]

Luke,

Thank you for sending the info on the capuchin sundial.  This looks
fascinating.  It is also timely--my daughter needs to take readings
from a sundial for a girl scout badge she is working on and I thought
it would be good to let her assemble this one and use it.

I have altered the postscript file for local circumstances and read
the directions carefully (several times).  However, I don't fully
comprehend step #9

        9. Use the flap and slit from step #5 to point the dial at the
           sun.  The light should make a long straight shadow along
           the 'horizontal' line across the top of the page.

Can you elaborate, or point me to a site that will more completely
explain what it is I'm supposed to do here?

Thanks,
Jim
| Jim Cobb          | 540 Arapeen Dr. #100 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| Parametric        | Salt Lake City, UT   |     (801)-588-4632 |
|  Technology Corp. |           84108-1202 | Fax (801)-588-4650 |
We aim above the mark to hit the mark.  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson