[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>       Hello John and everybody on this list,
>       I don't want to extend this discussion endlessly
> , but I am surprised to read that the value of
> EOT depends on longitude. [...]

I believe John was referring to the (local civil) date (and time) of
the occurrence of the zero EOT value; the date and time do depend on
time zone, which is loosely coupled with longitude.  I did not read
his remarks as implying anything more than that.  (His goal is to
write a sundial manual for his customers, who may not be
astronomically versed.)  Of course John can correct me if I read his
remarks or intent incorrectly...

I agree with the rest of your remarks.

Jim
| Jim Cobb          | 540 Arapeen Dr. #100 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| Parametric        | Salt Lake City, UT   |     (801)-588-4632 |
|  Technology Corp. |           84108-1202 | Fax (801)-588-4650 |
Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in
his heart and speaks another.           -- Homer