As most of you know, the US government has relaxed the restrictions on
the GPS system. Supposedly the accuracy has improved from 10 meters to 1
meter. My question is, do the actual GPS units in use permit this
accuracy? At the equator, one degree is 111,308 meters in length.
One-meter is thus .000009 (9 millionths) of a degree. Even as far north
as Miami FL, a meter is about .00001 (1 one-hundred-thousanths) of a
degree. At my location, a meter is .0000107 degrees. Do the GPS units
read out to 5 or 6 decimal digits of accuracy?

Al Pratt
33 20 36 N
111 54 14