Greetings from Devon, England.

Anyone made a ceiling dial--a mirror by a window
projecting the sun's image onto the ceiling marked
with hour lines? I have been considering making
one for years and am hoping to find information
on the net, but so far without success. Do you
know of any ceiling dial articles on the net?

Issues that have come to my mind include:

 1. Mirror mounting/size/shape.
 2. Whether to raise or tilt the mirror in order to
    to reflect the sun onto the ceiling on more days
    of the year or at more convinient times of the day.
 3. Perhaps include an analemma (or two) with dates marked.

I have found the reference to an article in the March 1996
issue of the NASS Journal entitled "A Kitchen Ceiling Analemma"
by Woody Sullivan. Also, in the April 2000 issue of Sky & Telescope
in the "25 Years Ago" section, the April 1975 front cover is reproduced
sporting a tantalising photograph of analemmas painted on a ceiling.

Gordon Watson
Lat. 50:30 N, Long. 3:45 W